Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tuesday June 30, 2015 Oceanside, CA

The day dawned with the regular June Gloom.  It cleared up later and we had sunshine.
We did some computer activities and I took care of some bills and other household business.  I had this computer cleaned up and had to reload the programs before we left home.  But, the gremlins are still with me.  I may have to get out Gerri's old lap top, it has been my back up.  It works OK but I like the large screen on this computer I'll keep using it until it fails again.  I have had this computer for several years and had a lot of problems with it in the past.

Speaking of gremlins; We haven't been able to get DirecTV, the dish won't rotate.  The OTA stations don't come in properly and we get nothing from the park cable.  Of course we have to wonder if this isn't a good thing.  Thursday while we were parked in front of the house the satellite TV worked fine.

More gremlins; the coach was at the Cummins shop until last Wednesday for repairs.  When we were cleaning up we had no water using the on board water pump.  I checked and it worked fine hooked up to the house.  I thought since we weren't planning to dry camp, I would worry about this later.  When we parked and set up in Oceanside the pump worked fine, but we don't need it here.  Kick the replacement down the road.

Gremlin galore; after nearly two weeks in the shop we didn't get out of Las Vegas and the check engine light and alarm came on.  The fault read "Intake Heater-Hi Volt."  I have no idea what that means and it wasn't the error that got me into the Cummins shop last week.  Since the alarm was amber and went off after a few minutes, we continued on.  The alarm went off several more times, and went away.  It was quiet most of the way until we got to Vista.  A call to Cummins in Las Vegas netted the advice to take it by the nearest Cummins shop.  The nearest Cummins shop is in El Cajon about fifty miles away, in nearly the opposite direction from our planned route.  I plan to make an appointment before we leave Oceanside next month.  We may just be delayed in getting to Temecula.

BACK TO GOOD STUFF!  In the afternoon we heard some thunder.  About 15 minutes later we had a downpour that lasted about a half hour.  It cleared up after the shower but was still very humid.

I started my project of cleaning our the bays under the coach.  They are very dirty after our trip to Alaska last summer.  I started with the front bay on the passenger side which houses the outside TV, also not working, and a few other items.  The dirtiest part was the bottom of the bay door that curves under the coach past the rubber seal.  My plan was to do one bay a day, but I was soaked because of the humidity and cleaned up the next two doors.  I'll tackle the bays tomorrow, the next one goes all the way across the bottom of the coach.  I have to remove a lot of comfort and repair items from those bays, that stuff needs cleaning too.  One bay down ten to go.

Full Moon Rising
Gerri started dinner and we decided to go to Buccaneer Beach to see what kind of show the sunset presented.  It wasn't spectacular but was a good end to a good day.

No Green Flash Tonight but do you see a face in the sunset?

Back at the coach we had dinner.  Gerri had prepared some apple chicken sausage links and sauteed vegetables al dente.  Very good.  We had cookies for dessert.

I know from comments that some of you think we have frequent and plentiful repairs on the coach to keep everything going. Maybe we do.  But I love the RV lifestyle and ability to travel this still great land

No comments:

Post a Comment