Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Saturday July 18, 2015 Oceanside, CA

I was awakened at 6:30 when a shower of rain passed over the roof.  It was followed by a longer shower.  I decided not to get up and retract the awning.  After several peals of thunder I changed my mind.  Since I had repairs to the rear awning arm I haven't adjusted the rear arm so water runs off. Because of the weight, I didn't want water to pool on the awning.  I don't feel safe on a ladder to reach the adjustment.  It would only be a couple of rungs off the ground, but I can't afford to fall even that far.  Before 7 it began to rain in earnest, not a heavy rain but steady.  I went back to sleep at some point.

It was still raining when I got up and made coffee.  It rained until early afternoon.  I prayed that the rain had reached the Cajon Pass area and was enough to help the fire fighting efforts there. During one break in the rain I went out and moved our folding chairs under the cover of the slide.  I also took care of the sewer chores.  The weather has been good to us and the rain cooled things even more so we enjoyed the time with the windows open. The clouds stayed with us until late afternoon.  We enjoyed some sunshine for a short while.

We didn't do anything exciting today.  We did have delicious leftovers from Sonny's for supper.  I watched two old John Wayne movies from the 30's and the finished the 87th Precinct book I started a couple of days ago.  It was 12:30 when I finally turned off the lights.  I set an alarm and plan to get up in the morning and go to worship with the congregation at the Central Church of Christ here in Oceanside.

No comments:

Post a Comment