Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 6, 2015

Saturday July 4, 2015 Oceanside, CA

June gloom continues.

We had our coffee and at about 10:30 we went to the Carlsbad Inn.  We got a day pass for activities but not for parking.  We planned to have a meal at Norte so we parked in their space.  We listened to a band play for awhile on the green and then had a breakfast of Huevos Rancheros at Norte's.

We went back to the RV Park.  The park is full and there are a lot of holiday activities planned.  The decorated bicycle parade was at 1:30 I filmed it but I think I was sitting too near the street for you to get a feel for the crowd and my video of the start was too lon to post.  It seems I have to keep the size down to 100kb.

We stayed in the park the rest of the day.  We didn't go to the watermelon and pie eating contests, just contenting ourselves to computer time and reading. Later we watched an episode of The Twilight Zone and Gerri went to bed.  I watched an episode of the original Start Trek and then retired.  I set an alarm for 8 AM planning to get up in time to go to Church in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment