Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Wednesday July 1, 2015 Oceanside,CA

The year is half gone.  Time flies when you are having fun.

As usual it was grey in the morning but cleared up before noon.  We spent most of the morning with our coffee and computer activities.  We did transfer some prescriptions to a local CVS and will pick them up later today.

In the afternoon I continued my project of cleaning the bays under the coach.  I cleaned the battery bay, the wet bay and the service bay.  The service bay is open to the engine and ground so all I really did was knock out the caked dirt and cleaned up the jack pads that I store there.  The towels I used for the clean up were so dirty, I threw them away instead of putting them in the wash.

In the late afternoon we went to the CVS store and picked up our prescriptions.  We also went to a NAPA store and I bought a replacement headlight bulb for the coach and a "Bag O' Rags."  those terry rags will replace the towels I threw away.  I almost forgot that we also stopped at a Dollar store and bought some July 4th decorations for the front of the coach.  We want to be ready for the RV park's Independence Day gala parade.

Back at the coach I installed the headlight bulb.  That took only a few minutes.

The sky got an even gray toward sunset and there was no color in the sky. Just before dark it sprinkled lightly but not enough to wet the ground evenly.

During the day I beat myself some more trying to get the TVs working.  I thought I had something when I tried to access Amazon Prime, but the poor internet reception foiled me.  I did manage to get the Blu Ray working with the front TV and we watched an episode from the first year of Law and Order.  Even though I would like to have the system all in working order, I think we can survive without the TV for awhile.

During the early evening Gerri called our friend in Escondido, Jane Knowles, to see if we could get together for a visit.  Turns out Jane is in rehab for a stroke and heart attack. We will see if we can get with her later this month.  Gerri also called cousin Arlene and set a date and time that we will see them and have dinner.

We went to bed around ten.  Tomorrow we have plans to meet one of Gerri's high school classmates in La Mesa for lunch.

Not a real exciting day but we enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment