Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 27, 2015

Sunday July 26, 2915 Oceanside, CA

Like most mornings coffee was my first order of business followed by catching up on e-mail and Facebook.  Our neighbors, the Cokers, got back from Las Vegas about 9 AM.  One of their other daughters and her family are visiting them for a few days. They would normally waited until after their church service to start back to Oceanside, but someone had stolen the air condition from the church building.
Another day in paradise

I went to the Central Church of Christ and worshiped with the congregation there.  This was the last time I will see that congregation for awhile.  We don't plan to come to Oceanside next year.  If all goes well we will be on a RV Caravan to the Maritime provinces in eastern Canada.  Gerri stayed at the coach and tuned into the webcast from Oakey Blvd.

It turned out to be a beautiful day.  We sat outside reading in the afternoon. Gerri fixed eggs and hash for supper and served it with cottage cheese.  After supper we went next door and played Sequence with the Cokers.  Henry was partnered with his daughter and they won two of three games.  Gerri partnered with Garrett, their son-in-law, and won the other game.

By the time the card games were over it was after 9. Gerri went to bed around 10pm and read for awhile.  I watched an episode of Gunsmoke that had been recorded.  It was one of the hour long episodes and I didn't notice that only 45 minutes had been recorded.  I didn't see the ending. Of course I know that Matt fought off the gang of outlaws, but I don't know which or how many he shot.  I read some more before going to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment