Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 3, 2015

Thursday July 2, 2015 Oceanside, CA


I mentioned my "Bag O' Rags" yesterday.  I hope you can zoom in on the last paragraph, I found it hilarious.








Our day started as usual, I fixed coffee and we caught up on computer stuff.  I called and made an appointment to take the coach to a Cummins shop in El Cajon on Tuesday the 28th when we leave Oceanside.  I will have to call the park in Temecula about late arrival, that depends on what Cummins says about the check engine light.

The morning started with the normal gloom, actually kind of a wet fog.  By mid morning it had cleared up.

We left to meed Gerri's classmate, Diane Bowen, at the Casa de Pico Mexican Restaurant in La Mesa.  The drive was about 40 miles but with traffic on I-5 it took nearly an hour to get there.  I think we had eaten at this restaurant when it was located in Old Town San Diego.  We had an early dinner and visited for a couple of hours with Diane.  She had not been to their 50th class reunion in April. The food was excellent and I posted a review on Trip Adviser.
















On the drive back to Oceanside we stopped at the outlets in Carlsbad.  I bought a pair of walking shoes to replace the old ones which were getting run down.

Back at the RV park we just relaxed.  I took a walk around the park.  It is nearly full.  I feel like a piker with only a couple of lawn chairs outside the coach.  Some of these people have numerous grills bicycles and all descriptions of items out on their sites.  I don't know where even the trailers haul all the stuff.


We settled in for the evening, some computer stuff, a couple of episodes from the first season of Law and Order, I think I said last night I got the Blu Ray player working.  We went to bed around 10:30 and I read until 11:30.  I think I snapped this last picture while I was checking settings on my iPhone camera.












No comments:

Post a Comment