Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Monday July 13, 2015 Oceanside, CA

Not much activity to report today.  We had our coffee and computer time.  I made an appointment at a nearby Urgent Care to have my leg checked.  That doctor visit took a little over an hour.  The doctor told me it was a muscle problem.  We discussed taking an anti inflammatory.  I can't take most of them because of my kidney disease so I ended up with a prescription for the pain and advice to rest the leg and alternate a cold pack and heat.








Back at the coach we sat out for a while and watched people passing by.  I often mention May Grey or June Gloom.  Gerri reminded me today that I forget to remark on the many sunny pleasant days we have.  Well, today was one of them.


Later in the afternoon we watched the movie Wild via VUDU.  It starred Reese Witherspoon and documented a woman's troubled life and her adventures/misadventures after she decided to hike the Pacific Crest Trail.  There were enjoyable parts of the movie.  It was hard to keep up with because of all the flash backs to her former life while she was on the trail.  As a side note  I once had ambitions of hiking a long trail, especially the PCT.  I did a lot of hiking in the Grand Canyon, Zion, and some mountains.  I once hiked to the summit of Mt. Whitney.  Gerri says not to take the PCT hike off my bucket list, just move it wa-a-a-y down.

For dinner Gerri made steak fajita burritos with the leftovers from our dinner with Curtis a few days ago.  It was an delicious meal.  We watched an episode each of The Twilight Zone and Star Trek.  We were in bed before 10 but I read until midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment