Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Friday July 3, 2015 Oceanside, CA

This morning after coffee and catching up on news and computer stuff, I decided to take the Jeep to a car wash and see if they could clean out the coffee I had spilled in the passenger seat a couple of weeks ago.  I only intended to have the seats cleaned, but decided to have the Jeep fully detailed.


It was only a block back to the RV Park so I walked back. The Jeep was done at about 2:30.  Gerri walked with me to get it.  We then went to Trader Joe's in Vista for some groceries.















Back at the coach we mostly just relaxed for the rest of the day.  I put some 4th of July decorations on the front of the coach.  We read and watched TV.  The TV came through Amazon prime.  We watched an episode of the Twilight Zone and the first episode of the original Star Trek.

Today we got the sad news that Sheriff Ralph Lamb had died, he was 88 years old.  He was Sheriff when both Gerri I started working at the Sheriff's Department in the 60's.  In the last few years we were in occasional contact with him, he would just call us to talk about old times and old friends. He liked to hear the voices of those he knew in the past since his eyesight started to fail him. Those calls will remain so very special to us in our remembrances.  We were at his 85th birthday party and I saw him at some luncheons.  This is a link to a recent interview with the Sheriff: https://youtu.be/jsUEzSdcsXo  This is a link to a Channel 8 report;http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/former-sheriff-ralph-lamb

We were in bed by 11 and I did a little reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment