Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Monday June 29, 2015 Oceanside, CA

It was a lazy morning.  The noise from the street was no problem for either of us sleeping.

Oceanside Harbor
We had our coffee and didn't stir from the coach until about 2 PM.  Before leaving I put the flag pole and flags up.  First we drove around to Buccaneer Beach.  Gerri had never been there and wanted to see what the restaurant there looked like.  The restaurant closed at 2.  It is very small with outside seating.  After that we drove up through Oceanside to the harbor
before going to the Carlsbad Inn.

At the Carlsbad Inn we wanted to make sure on the reservations for Curtis, Todd and their families next week.  We were assured everything was ready.

We then went to Norte's for an early dinner.  We had chips and dip and then shared an appetizer with extra guacamole.

Back at the coach we caught up on computer activity.  When I checked the lights Saturday evening after hooking up the Jeep, I found a headlight out.  I wasn't too worried about it since we seldom drive at night.  I pulled the bulb out today.  Since it was the low beam bulb, I switched the high beam bulb into it's place.  Some time this week I will find a NAPA store and get a new bulb.

At about 7:30 I decided to go down near the beach and look for a cache and then take pictures of the sunset.  I didn't find the cache but I did find the sunset looking from Buccaneer Beach.  It was interesting.  I saw the sunset in the west and the moon waxing towards full in the east.




















It will be full tomorrow







I did look for another cache before it got completely dark.  It was in a park and ride lot off Vista near the I-5.  Over the years I have done at least two others here, but caches go missing and others replace them.


Yesterday the satellite TV didn't work.  I may get around to checking it out more tomorrow.  We can only get a few channels off the air.  I might check out the park cable too.  There is a lot to do.  I still have to clean out the storage bays since they got so dirty on our Alaska adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment