Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wednsday November 20, 2013, Buda, TX

We were up having our coffee when one of the technicians came and ask how long it would be before we were ready for them to take the coach in to start checking it over.  I said 30 minutes,  we got everthing unhooked and the slides in before the tech got back.  I quickly described the problems again.

Gerri and I went to breakfast at the nearby Cracker Barrel.  After eating, Gerri called Dana and we arranged to meet her at the kids school to pickup a house key.  Dana was working with other mothers finalizing the popcorn fund raiser sales.  I dropped Gerri at the house and went out to geocache.

I found nine and DNFed three. It took most of the afternoon even though I was never more than five miles from Curtis' house.

I returned to the house at about 3.  After a short visit I decided to check on the progress on the coach.  I returned to Crestview and checked the RV park first.  The coach was parked in our spot, hooked to shore power with the bedroom slide out.  I checked and the steps and other slides operated without the jumper.  I went to the office and contacted the service writer, Matt, for an update.  I approved  ordering the parts to repair the leveling system.  As for the R5000 unit, the cost of a replacement was over $4000.  I had them not order that.  I want to check with Kevin first to see if there is better unit or if he has a used one.  In any event that repair will have to wait.  Crestview plans to pickup the coach in the morning for the repair of damage I did to one of the storage doors.  Matt told me that it would take five days to get the parts for the leveling system.

I returned to Curtis and Dana's. I watched the kids play in the backyard before dinner.  Dana fixed Santa Fe Chicken and served it with green beans and corn.

After dinner we taught the kids and Curtis how to play CLR, a fast paced dice game.  Dana went to a PTA meeting.  Even though the game moves pretty fast, Vanessa is easily distracted.  We did play three games, Curtis won one and Brandon won two.

Vanessa with her cards


Before bed time Brandon and I played draw poker.  I taught him the game yesterday along with the idea of Jacks or Better to open.  We worked on the opening idea for few and and then I introduced the betting rules of maximum opening and raising, in this case three chips, and a thee raise limit.  I hope he learns how to bet wisely and not scare other players away with extravagant betting.  He seemed to get the idea.

We went pack to the park at 8 PM.  Some TV and computer time and it was bedtime.




No comments:

Post a Comment