Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday November 4, 2013, Robertsdale, AL

We set an alarm for 7 AM.  The plan for travel for the day was that I would leave with the motor home and Gerri and her Mom would follow after taking some photos around the old town section of Lake City.

The alarm didn't go off at 7, we got up at seven and hustled around to get ready to travel while having our coffee.  I was on the road by 8:45, even with the hassle of having to jump the blown fuse to get the slide rooms and steps in.  Gerri and Neva went separately to take pictures in the Old Town of Lake City.
Around Lake City, FL
Around Lake City, FL
Around Lake City, FL

Around Lake City, FL


My route was very simple, west on I-10 until it was time to stop for the evening.  The road was smooth and the traffic light.  I really like both of those conditions.  Somewhere along the way I noticed that the left turn signal was not blinking as it had on our last day of travel.  I stopped at a Flying J just west of Tallahassee, FL.   Because my steps don't come out I kept a folding stool in the coach.  I tied a cord to the stool so that I could pick it up without hanging on to the grab bars.

I stopped at the third rest stop west of Tallahassee.  I called Gerri to tell her where I was.  I checked out the turn signals.  The left one was no longer blinking constantly when the ignition was on.  With the key off the right turn position operated all turn signals.  With the ignition on both turn signals worked properly.  While at the rest stop I call American Coach and described the problem.  I told Jim my planned route and he gave me names of shops along the way.  I called Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, TX and made an appointment for checking out the problems on Monday the 11th.

Gerri and Neva joined me at the rest stop.  They loaded the groceries from the Jeep as they had stopped for groceries before heading west on the interstate.  We had the left overs from Cracker Barrel before starting out on the road again.  I had called RPI and made reservations at the Wilderness RV Park in Robertsdale, AL.  On the way to meet me the ladies took a detour around the Florida State Capitol building, and took pictures.
Florida Capitol Building
A stunted cotton field in Florida

We arrived at the RV park at about 5:30 PM.  It took a little while to set up using the jumper to get the slides and steps out.  It was pleasant outside, although a little humid.  We did need the air conditioning until the rear of the coach cooled down.

Today was Gerri's birthday and we celebrated by singing Happy Birthday to her.  Neva gave her a card to commemorate the occasion.

Tomorrow we head further west, mostly on I-10 to New Orleans.  We were going to skip the stop in New Orleans but the RV park wouldn't refund the money from our reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment