Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Friday November 15, 2013, Spring, TX.

Computer time

Today is the day Neva departs for Las Vegas, ending her time with us.  We had coffee and caught up with e-mail and Facebook.  We got every thing ready to roll by 10 AM.  Gerri dropped Neva off at Hobby Airport and I headed toward Spring, TX for our next stop.


Leaving for Las Vegas
The distance I had to travel was 60 miles.  I started out on Texas 146 and then west on Texas 225.  This portion of the drive reminded me of I-110 leaving Long Beach, CA.  There were too many semis and trailers to count.  The next portion of the drive was north on I-45,  Traffic wasn't too bad but about two miles from my turnoff the GPS lost the satellite connection.  

That was weird since I was traveling on flat terrain, no trees or buildings blocking the signal.  I exited the Interstate at the designated exit and pulled into the parking lot of a Walmart.  I tried to figure out what the problem was and where I needed to go.  I finally got a connection and the instructions were to continue north on I-45.  I did that and then the GPS indicated I needed to get off the Interstate and go back south on Texas 75.  I tried to do this but ran into blocked streets and construction.  My next instructions were to go north on I-45.  I ignored that and went further east and turned back on to a road that I knew was south of my destination.  I finally arrived at the RV Park  a few minutes before noon, having driven an extra 8 miles.  
When I arrived the office was closed but there was a sign that told me which site to park in.

I got parked and hooked up before Gerri arrived.  Her experience coming through Houston was much different, there had been a major accident causing miles of piles up with bumper to bumper traffic.  After she arrived and finished setting up the inside, I went to the office and registered.  Gerri contacted my cousin Lael and nothing was going on tonight.  I down loaded some nearby caches and went out and found six, I need three more to reach 4200 cache.  I also went to Walmart and picked up a few items.

We had a dinner of left overs from Bubba Gump's.  We mixed some horse radish and shrimp sauce in the tarter sauce, it was very tasty.

After dinner it was TV and computer time until bedtime.

Tomorrow is the Ford family gathering at my cousin Neysa's.

No comments:

Post a Comment