Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, November 8, 2013

Thursday November 7, 2013, Garrison, TX




The wind woke me up this morning at 5:40.  I had the alarm set for 7 AM.  I got back to sleep and Gerri woke me about half an hour later, saying it was almost 7:30 and the alarm hadn't gone off.  Her phone was wrong.  But, since were were already awake we got up and started our coffee.  The wind was blowing really hard and it was cold outside when I was getting things ready to travel.  I didn’t hurry but we were on the road at 8:20.

Our route started on I-10 west.  Before we got to Baton Rouge, Gerri had contacted Margie Lee’s sister, Skooter, and arraigned to meet her in Breaux Bridge a little further west on I-10. 
Just past Baton Rouge the GPS had me turn off I-10 and go onto US 71 West.  I stopped and unhooked the Jeep and Gerri drove on to Breaux Bridge.  She met Skooter at a Waffle House.  We have been joking about eating at a Waffle House for a couple of years.  Gerri had never eaten at one, I ate at a Waffle House in Auburn, GA in 2004 or 5.
Waffle House in Breaux ridge, LA






Neva and I continued along following the GPS.  We eventually came onto I-49 and went north to US84.   I stopped and checked the GPS and found that I had it set for the shortest route instead of on the fastest that I usually have set.
The bridge in Breaux Bridge, LA


When Gerri took the Jeep to meet Skooter we had a fault light on the Magnum panel and the house batteries were low.  Later when I stopped for fuel I pressed the control panel buttons and got the batteries charging again. 

We got to Herb and JoNell’s home near Garrison, TX at about 4:45.  The fault light was on again on the Magnum panel.  Everything worked fine once I was hooked to shore power and the batteries started charging.  Another item to add to our repair list for when we are in Buda.

Once at Herb’s we visited for awhile after getting set up.  JoNell fixed Taco soup and cornbread for dinner.  After dinner we played Chickenfoot dominoes.  JoNell won.

We had dessert of apple cake and ice cream before calling it a night.  Neva opted to sleep in the house, so Gerri and I had the motorhome to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment