Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Saturday November 16, 2013, Spring, TX

Uncle Curtis Ford
Yesterday and today were quite a bit warmer than the last few days, we can actually feel the Texas humidity.  Earlier in the week we needed the furnace last night and today we almost needed the air conditioners.

We had our coffee and left late to be at my cousin's, Neysa Bates, house for a family gathering.  It is about 20 miles from the RV park and I had to stop for gas in the Jeep.  We did arrive before the food was served, about 11:30 AM.  Another big meal with lots of food to go around.

After dinner we played LRC using lottery scratch off tickets instead of quarters.  That is Left, Right, Center.  A dice game we that learned a few years ago from our friends Carl and Joyce Wolf in Ohio.  Uncle Curtis showed us two other games with cards 31 and Mess Up Your Neighbor (I cleaned that up), I hope we remember the rules.


Rear - Gerri and Frank Barker, Curtis Ford, Brandon Bates,
Jenn and Mathew Miller, Mark Ford,
Judy and Michael Martinez (John Tom's sister and her husband)
Middle - Gloria Ford, Lawana Tom, Kari Webster  Lael Miller
Front - Karla Schuler, John Tom, Korbyn Johnson, Neysa Bates

The Fords, Curtis and Gloria Ford,
Karla Schuler. Lawana Tom, Kari Webster,
Lael Miller and Mark Ford
Aunt Gloria Ford, cousin Karla Schuler and me
The party broke up at about 6.  We made plans to meet for breakfast with the Fords before Curtis and Gloria drive back to Corpus Christi on Sunday.

It was a great visit.  We had to cancel our visit here last year after I hurt my leg.



The drive home was quicker.  We were mostly on I-45.  Going to the party the GPS directed us on surface streets even though I had it set on fastest route.

The Barker side of the family from West Virginia dwindled down to Aunt Gloria and me.  Of course there are cousins galore.  Gloria's children, grand children  and great grandchildren.  Then there are all the cousins in Seattle, descended from my aunt Marcella.  Not to forget the cousins descended from me.  There are a lot of us scattered around the country and many of us don't get a chance to know each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment