Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tuesday November 12, 2013, Garrison, TX


Today is my birthday, the dawn of my 73rd year.  What a life I have enjoyed!  From the carefree but poor life of a barefooted hillbilly to a richer, but not as carefree, life as a husband, father and grandfather.  I now have the ability and means to travel the country and world.  I praise the lord for my blessings, which are too great and many to list.  The list would begin with family and relatively good health and go on forever.

We woke up to a cold windy morning.  The predicted cold front was moving in.  We had our usual coffee.  Gerri got dressed and went into the house for better internet reception.  I went caching and found three, including one I had no success with on Saturday.

In the mid afternoon we drove into Nacogdoches to visit with Herb.  He had been up earlier and now had some pain in the area of the incision.  Otherwise he seemed to be doing well.


At the Cotton Patch
We went to the Cotton Patch for supper with JoNell.  Neva and I had the fried catfish, Gerri had Chicken Fried Steak and JoNell had Chicken Fried Chicken.  Neva and I had blackberry cobbler for desert.



After another short visit with Herb we headed back to the house.  On the way four deer crossed the road in front of us.  


Deer in Herb & JoNell's backyard
I returned calls to Curtis and Todd , who had called to wish me Happy Birthday.

We plan to get started between 9 and 10 in the morning.  So we set the alarm for 7 AM and retired at 11 PM.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment