Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Saturday November 2, 2013, Lake City, FL

We had our coffee before joining the rest of the family at 10 AM.  Marty and Tommy and the triplets live about 9 miles from the RV park.  We could have been closer if I had asked them to find the closest park for us.  There is one just on the other side of the interstate from the tract they live in, maybe two miles or less from their house.

We visited until the triples nap time and then most of the visitors went to Wendy's for lunch.


After lunch we went back to the house and picked up Marty.  We headed out to Ichetucknee State Park to the the big springs of the same name, that eventually joins  the Santa Fe River.  

Supper was at the local Cracker Barrel.  I was a little disappointed that this Cracker Barrel didn't have a cache.  Many Cracker Barrels have a cache near them in a series called "Off Your Rocker."

After supper we went back to Marty and Tommy's and enjoyed more visiting and admiring the three boys.  I may be getting a hand of telling them apart.  Sammy is the easy one, the others are identical and will take some more observation for me to have their identities down pat.

We went back to the RV park at about ten.  We set the clocks back tonight, so it shouldn't be too hard to get up in the morning to meet everyone at church.

Yesterday I described some of the problems with the coach and I had to use a jumper across the blown fuse to get the slides out and the steps down.  Here is a picture of the jumper I devised a few years ago for another electrical problem.  I may redo it with a heavier gauge wire in case I need it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment