Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wednesday November 6, 2013, New Orleans, LA

Cloudy morning, threatening rain.  I had set the clock for Central time and accidentally turned on the alarm for 7 AM.  I fought it and didn't get up until 8.  Since the weather was threatening rain we didn't plan anything besides dinner.

I did wash the Jeep using the Clean Bees cloth that I got from Alan Howeth.  Of course that caused the rain to come and leave water spots.  But the Jeep was still cleaner than before.

I took a couple of turns around the park including the marina area. Pretty nice and at least one of the float homes was nearly as large as our house.


Neva at the Bon Ton
 Our dinner reservations were for 6 PM at the Bon Ton Cafe at 401 Magazine   The distance was only 5.6 miles so we didn't have to leave the park very much before that.  For some reason the traffic was heavy going into town.  But, we made it to the restaurant on time.  We didn't try to find on street parking and paid $11.00 to park next to the restaurant.
Our dinner table


What  a meal!  We started with catfish tidbits with a cream sauce WOW! It was melt in your mouth.  Neva and I had grilled Red Fish with grilled onions and brussel sprouts.  Gerri had a crab Au Gratin dish with creamed cauliflower.  All the dishes were so-o-o good.  For dessert we shared a bread pudding, the best I ever had.

It had rained quite a bit while we were in the restaurant.  I checked Gerri's phone and there was a cache only 150' away from the restaurant door.  I bagged it quickly but the log was wet and full, so I couldn't sign it.
The corner of Bourbon and ?

We drove around the down town area for awhile hitting one corner of Bourbon Street and then returned to the RV Park.

We have 380 miles to go tomorrow to Herb and JoNell's in Garrison, TX.  I set an alarm, on purpose this time, for 7 AM and we plan to get started as soon as we get hooked up and the sewer drained.  Of course I have to go through the jumper wire trick to get the slides in and the steps up.  I changed our reservations at Pecan Park in San Marcos, TX to the Crestview RV Park in Buda, TX.  The Crestview RV park is at a dealership with a service department and I have scheduled to have them start work after we get there on the 18th starting with the burned out motor for the leveling system and moving on to the electric gremlins that have been plaguing us.  This arraignment will put us near Curtis and Dana and the coach will be at the service area when parts come in, no one ever has parts in stock.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!



No comments:

Post a Comment