Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Friday November 29, 2013, Buda, TX.

Up early this morning hoping that some work might be done today.  We had our coffee and I walked down to the service department to see if anything was planned for today.  I spoke to Matt and found out the parts for the leveling system had not come in.  Matt called Power Gear, they were closed.  He told me he hoped to get a tech to check the Aqua Hot today.

We went to Sam's Club in San Marcos after dropping off a prescription for Gerri at a CVS in Kyle..  Gerri wanted to pickup some items that were on sale on black Friday.  I had a new Sam's Membership card made to replace the one stolen with my billfold in Spain.  I put gasoline in the Jeep once I got the new card.  Gerri dropped me off at Best Buy to make a return while she went to Dollar Tree to get some gift bags.  Black Friday has a reputation of being a hectic day to shop.  It wasn't bad in the places we went.  Although there were two bus loads of shoppers from Mexico being picked up in the parking lot.  They may have bought everything Ross, Dress for Less had.

The traffic going back to Kyle wasn't too bad.  Back at Curtis and Dana's we had turkey sandwiches for lunch.  After lunch I went geocaching.  I found four and DNFed three.  After caching I stopped by the Crestview office and found out no work had been done on the coach today.  We only have three more working days before heading to Las Vegas, I hope they get something done during those three days.

Dana and Curtis had put up outside lights, a Christmas tree and had presents wrapped under the tree.  Brandon and Vanessa both have trees in their rooms plus the one in the living room.  Christmas holds a special fascination for children.  Brandon and Vanessa are no different.  Although Dana and Curtis don't strictly observe any religious belief they observe both Curtis' Christian upbringing and Dana's Jewish heritage.




For dinner we went to the Kobe Steakhouse and had Teppan (Teppanyaki) style cuisine following sushi appetizers.  It was very interesting watching Vanessa and Brandon's interaction with the cook.  It was also interesting that they enjoyed the dinner and ate very well.  The fact that the food was very good and the cook put on a show probably helped.

We said our goodbyes at the restaurant and went directly to the RV Park.

Tomorrow I plan to go geocaching with Brandon.  I have made up a cache to hide near his house so he can keep track of how many people visit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment