Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Monday November 25, 2013

Every time I was awake during the night I could hear the rain falling on the roof.  When I got up and fixed the coffee, it was raining and the sky was grey.  The front of the coach was 47 and the bedroom 55 degrees.  I turned on the Aqua Hot furnace, the small electric heater was on all night.

After five years I have never been sold on the idea of the Aqua Hot water heating system.  The last few days we have used the furnace feature of the Aqua Hot and I must say I am unimpressed with it's ability to keep the coach warm.  The system is supposed to heat both the air and water using electricity.  It has never heated the coach when only powered by electricity, the vents blow out cool air.  On electricity the water is hot enough for me to shower, but not for Gerri or the washing machine.  Last night I turned off the diesel burner before going to bed.  This morning I turned it on and after an hour cool air was still coming from the registers.  I turned on the heat pump in the rear of the coach and got warm air after a few minutes.  I am going to try leaving the Aqua Hot on and just set the thermostat at a lower temperature.  I have been shutting the entire system down when we didn't need heat.  It seems to me that the air ought to get warm quicker than I have been experiencing.  

We stayed in the coach most of the day.  It rained most of the time and was cold.  I checked the Aqua Hot and saw that it was low on boiler fluid.  I bought some at the Crestview RV store and filled the tank to the tank "Cold" line.  In playing around with the controls I found that the rear zone was putting out warm air but not the front zone.

I went to Walmart and found an electric heater to replace the old one that no longer oscillates. 

We got to Curtis' house at about the same time he got home from work.  He has to work again tomorrow but then is off for the rest of the week.  Dana fixed tacos for dinner, very good.

After dinner we played LRC.  We played five games, I won three and Curtis won two.  Before we finished playing, Dana went and picked up frozen yogurt for dessert.

We left the house at 8:30 and returned to the coach.  Tonight I plan to run the space heaters in the front of the coach and the heat pump in the rear.   We will see how that works out.  It is supposed to get down to freezing tonight.

Tomorrow I will check with the service writer and see if they have someone qualified to work on the Aqua Hot and add it to the list for repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment