Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Saturday November 23, 2013, Buda, TX

Brandon stayed the night with me in the motor home.  When we got to the coach it was 40 degrees.  I turned on the inside furnaces and the electric heater.  It was 2:30 before it warmed up enough to turn down the heat.

Brandon got up about 30 minutes before me.  I fixed coffee and started drinking it.  The sky was solid grey, the wind was still blowing and it was raining off and on.  Brandon and I played a few hands of poker and then went to McDonald's and had Egg McMuffins.

Brandon, Curtis and Vanessa
Later Curtis called and suggested we go to Cabella's and look around.  Curtis, Vanessa and, Gerri came to the coach later and we went for lunch at Dan's first.  Dana had been called in to work.  Dan's is a hamburger restaurant nearby, I don't know if it is a chain or not.  The burgers remind me of what Whataburgers were in the 50's.  Dan's also serve other types of food including breakfast.  After eating we went to Cabella's and looked around.  We went to the aquarium.  They have some of the largest catfish I have ever seen.  Curt and the kids spent some time in the shooting gallery.

Curtis and Brandon went home.  Gerri, Vanessa and I had some quite time at the coach.  On the way to the house we stopped and picked up Papa Murphy's pizza.  After the pizza was cooked we had dinner.  After diner we played three games of Left , Right and Center.  Gerri won all three games.  Gerri later played Candy Land with Brandon and Vanessa, Gerri won again.

At eight PM Gerri, Vanessa and I went back to the coach.  Vanessa went to bed at 9.  Gerri and I stayed up and watched some TV and caught up on e-mail and Facebook, before calling it a night.

This cold rainy weather is getting old.  I'm also longing for the desert and mountains, we haven't seen mountains since we left Maderia on our cruise.  This is a flat, green area and kind of dismal looking in the rain and cloudy river.  However, "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
'

No comments:

Post a Comment