Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Friday November 22, 2013, Buda, TX

The alarm didn't go off but I was up at 7.  It is only 15 miles to the dermatologist's office in San Marcos.  We had our coffee and got ready to go.  The plan was to drop Gerri off at Dana's and they were going shopping after I got back from the doctor.

I arrived at the doctor's office with time to spare.  After consultation with the doctor it was decided the best thing to do was remove the spot even though there wasn't time to do a really attractive closing.  The doctor's opinion that it was probable a basal cell carcinoma, even though it didn't look like the typical one.  He thought it was better to remove it, he said that if it was worse than a basal cell carcinoma it could cause more concern if he biopsied it.  The actual operation to remove the affected area only took about 15 minutes and was painless.  I didn't even feel the numbing shot.  I received wound care instruction which was basically the same as with others that I had removed. The tissue will be sent for biopsy.  I made an appointment to have the stitches out on December 4th.  I also got a prescription for an antibiotic.

My other mission for this trip was to find another power cord for Gerri's computer.  Last night she shut the 110 part of the cord in the Jeep door and pulled the tip off.   I stopped at a nearby Best Buy, I had to buy the entire cord set with the charger.  On the way back I stopped at a Radio Shack and got just the part I needed.  I stopped by the coach and picked up my phone and met Gerri back at the kid's house.  She wanted to keep both chargers so she had a spare.

Dana had to work and left about 4 PM.  When Curtis came home we went to dinner at Milt's BBQ in downtown Kyle.  Gerri and I had a dish called a Haystack.  It was Fritos topped with BBQ brisket, beans, cheese, corn, onions and jalapenos.  I also had sausage on mine.  Curtis had brisket, and ribs which he shared with the kids.  Brandon and Vanessa both ate very well.

Back at the house we played some cards.  Tonight Gerri stayed  at the house with Vanessa and Brandon went to the motor home with me.

Brandon and I played games until he fell asleep at 10:20.  I got him into bed and called it a night myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment