Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tuesday November 26, 2013, Buda, TX

This morning it was still cold and windy but the sky was not the even grey it has been for the last several days.  There were bands of lighter grey, white and an occasional glimpse of blue sky.  It hadn't rained any more since late yesterday afternoon.
New from the Wal

Last night I set the heat pump in the rear of the coach on 60 and the two space heaters on in the front.  We spent a comfortable night.

I went to the service desk and had Matt add the Aqua Hot to the repair list.  The front zone only puts out cool air, the rear zone seems to work fine.  I always thought the Aqua Hot furnaces didn't work when set on electric.  I had always checked the front outlets.  Today I checked the rear and warm air does come out in the rear zone.  This tells me that something was wrong with the front zone from day one; it never worked on electric and now doesn't work on diesel either.

Dana had been shopping in Austin and stopped by the coach.  After visiting for awhile, Dana, Gerri and Vanessa went to the house.  Brandon and I went geocaching.  It was the first time out for Brandon.  His words were," geocaching is awesome."  On the second cache Brandon spotted the cache before I did.  We had fun, Brandon especially enjoyed two of the caches where the containers were fired shotgun shells.  I logged the caches and Brandon returned them to their hiding spots.  That saved me a lot of time out in the cold wind.

At dark we went to the house for dinner.  Dana cooked a pasta dish with mushrooms, chicken and peas.  After dinner the kids went with us back to the coach for the evening.  Curt and Dana have a date night, no kids and no one has to work in the morning.


Brandon and the iPod

Vanessa and the Clumsy Ninja
Back at the coach we played three games of LRC.  I won one and Vanessa and Brandon won one each.  We also played two games of War.  Vanessa and I each won one.  After those games Vanessa played Clumsy Ninja on the iPad and Brandon played a Penguin Race game on my iPod  Gerri and I caught up on computer time.

The kids went to bed at 10 PM in our bed.  The plan is to move Brandon to the couch later, so Gerri and I have room to sleep with Vanessa in the king size bed.

It was a great afternoon and evening with Brandon and Vanessa.  We enjoyed having them at the coach for the evening.

Tomorrow morning we plan to go to McDonalds and then take Vanessa home so she can go to a doctors appointment.  We may also have to vacate the coach if the service department can schedule the work on the Aqua Hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment