Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tuesday November 5, 2013, New Orleans, LA

Since our next stop is under 200 miles we didn't set an alarm today.  We got up at a little after eight.  I fixed coffee and we had that and computer time in a leisurely fashion.  I took out the trash before getting ready to move, that was my morning walk.  The trash bin couldn't have been any farther and still be in the park.

We were on the road by 10 Am.  Our goal today was Pontchartrain Landing RV and Marina in New Orleans.  It is about 180 miles, mostly along I-10.

We didn't stop at any rest areas in Alabama.  I'm not logging any caches there this year.  We did stop at a rest stop in Mississippi and I found a cache there.  Funny thing at the first rest stop in Louisiana, Gerri's phone showed a cache .1 miles from the visitors center, but as I walked it switched to 65 miles away.  I entered the coordinates in my GPSR and the location showed 65 miles away.  The information on the cache said it was in the west bound rest area where we were.  Odd, go figure.

Most of the way the road was smooth and we had a tail wind.  Closer to New Orleans the pavement became rougher, especially the bridges.  When we arrived in New Orleans the wind shifted and I had to slow down due to the buffeting.

We arrived at the RV park in New Orleans at about 2 PM.  It is pretty nice and includes a marina and float homes.  There is about a mile drive through a rundown warehouse area.
Draw Bridge near New Orleans


We decided to eat in tonight and finish up the left overs.  Gerri made reservations at Bon Ton Cafe in the French Quarter for tomorrow night.  It is billed as  New Orleans's oldest Cajun restaurant.

The weather in the late afternoon was cloudy and windy and rain was in the forecast.  I put up the flags since we plan to be here two days.

Gerri finished washing some sheets that I had bled on earlier this week.  She first washed them in the machine in the coach and then did them again at the Park's laundry to finish them and avoid wrinkles.

We had left overs for supper.  Chicken over couscous, Brussels sprouts, corn and salad.

Since we are now in the Central Time Zone we set our clocks back again.  Tomorrow we don't plan to get up early and later go into New Orleans to see some of the sights before dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment