Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Sunday, September 30, 2012, Vidalia, LA


Sunday, September 30, 2012, Vidalia, LA
I woke up before daylight to the sound of rain on the roof. We got up about 7 AM. Last night we decided that we would leave Columbus a day early. I had done everything last night except unplug the electric and hook up the Jeep. The rain alternated between a light drizzle and a brisk shower. We managed to get hooked up without getting more than damp. Since it was raining I decided to not dump the sewer at Dewayne Hayes but instead wait until we get to Vidalia. Before getting out of Columbus I stopped for fuel at a Shell station at US-45 and US-82. We aren't used to seeing Shell selling the cheapest fuel around. As we drove west and then south it rained lightly and then heavily. This alternated until we were about 25 miles from Natchez. The RV park we were headed to in Vidalia was just across the Mississippi from Natchez, MS in Vidalia, LA. I missed a sign showing a turn to the RV Park as I headed to where the GPS showed the entrance. Turns out the main road into the park is temporarily closed. We had to do a big circle back and follow the sign.
I got a little worried when RVs passed us on the park entrance road going the other way. It turns out there was a BBQ contest that had just been finished along with Jim Bowie Days in Vidalia plus a large gun show in the Natchez Convention Center just across the river. I was told that yesterday the park was full.
This is a full hook up park so after arriving I hooked everything up and dumped the sewer. Since it looked like the rain would continue, I disconnected the sewer and city water after dumping the holding tanks and filling the fresh water tank. That way I don't think I will get too wet while getting ready to leave in the morning. I hope it clears up enough to walk the 100 yards or so over to the river for pictures. We have put this place on our long list of places to spend more time.
Gerri made BLT sandwiches for supper, I had three. In my defense they were on sandwich thins. They were the best I have had for a long time..
At 6 PM Las Vegas time we tuned into the worship service at Oakey Blvd. The message was delivered by Tristan Kirkpatrick. What a great job he did. He made many points on how to live in the world but not partake in sins and how to prepare while young for a less sinful life later in life.
It rained off and on all evening, sometimes heavily, with water running off the slide awnings by the bucket full.
My right knee is still giving me problems. It is better but I still can't kneel on my right leg when doing things around the outside of the motor home. When I go up or down the steps it pays to remember what my mother's therapist once said, good foot up, bad foot down.

No comments:

Post a Comment