Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, October 26, 2012

Thursday, October 25, 2012, Spring Branch, TX


Thursday, October 25, 2012, Spring Branch, TX

I was up at 8:30 and went to the blog of the Seasilk. It had been updated with the information that everyone was safe. Later in the day Neva got an e-mail from Montyne that she and John had arrived in La Paz and were on schedule to fly to Tijuana on the 29th and be picked up by friends and return to San Diego. We will get a firsthand account of the trip up to and after the grounding of the Seasilk.
Mid morning I went to the orthopedic doctor in San Antonio to have my knee checked one more time before we leave the area. He drained another large vial of fluid. It had less blood in it than the last time.
On the way back to Spring Branch I check out a rustic furniture store for interesting wall hangers. They had some, but nothing that really caught my eye. I also checked out an RV park along the Guadalupe River about three miles of US-218. It was ok but didn't have WiFi. Back on 218 I called the number on a sign advertising 20 plus acre parcels. The lots are being offered at $10,500 to $20,000 per acre.
Brad and Bernadette Dass
I elevated and iced my knee for awhile before going to dinner at our friends Brad and Bernadette Dass in Bulverde. 

 We visited before and after the delicious meal. During conversation it came up that Gerri and Bernadette had known each other for over 43 years.
Back at the coach, TV and computer time topped off the evening.
Tomorrow is moving day. We aren't going far, just to San Marcos about 10 miles from Curtis' house.

Gerri and Bernie, BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment