Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Friday, October 5, 2012, Garrison, TX


Friday, October 5, 2012, Garrison, TX
I slept pretty well last night. My leg seemed better and the swelling had gone down some. I spent some time on the computer. After a while my leg was becoming uncomfortable, so I went back and lay down with an ice pack.
Off and on I massaged my leg and iced it down. At times it seemed better at others not so much better.
Gerri spent part of her time taking care of me and part in the house visiting. She brought me a couple of donuts about midday as Herb had bought a dozen and was pushing them, sticky, but good-o. Herb and Jo Nell also came out to see how I was doing. 
Gerri started cooking a big pot of variety of beans for tomorrow night's dinner. The weather is to change from the 80's to the 60's with Saturday night lows going down into the 40's, so it will be a cool weekend. Beans and cornbread always hit the spot.
In the mid-afternoon I took a pill for the pain and went to bed again. I had a low grade fever for awhile but it had gone away by supper time. Jo Nell had made tacos and Gerri brought me some. 
Brandon and his 6th Birthday Bicycle
Gerri also called Brandon to wish him a happy 6th birthday. He has been sick for the past two days and was not feeling very well to talk on the phone. We will check on him tomorrow.
I listened to some old time radio, Gunsmoke and Dragnet while I iced and messaged my leg.
I went back to bed at 9 PM. After that Gerri came back from the house, no dominoes as all attention was given to the Texas-Baltimore baseball wildcard game. She left with the score being 3-1 in favor of Baltimore and hoping Texas can get a few more runs to win the game.
Not a very exciting or active day. I'm hoping that the rest will do my leg good.

No comments:

Post a Comment