Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday, October 4, 2012, Garrison, TX


Thursday, October 4, 2012, Garrison, TX
I had a lot more pain in my right leg during the night, although the swelling has gone down a little. We drove to the hospital in Nacogdoches to have my blood drawn for another PT/INR.


We then went to a restaurant, Clear Springs, to have lunch. We got there a little before two and we all had the lunch special with two entrees. We all had catfish as one and each a different second choice. We also ordered a small order of onion rings, the lunch came with fries and hush puppies.



Jo Nell and Herb Perley
Frank and  Gerri Barker  Jo Nell and Herb Perley



By the time lunch was over I could barely walk back to the car. We decided to stop back at the doctor's office and see if Dr. Davis could do anything more. Basically he couldn't. He did get the results of the earlier PT/INR. My level was 5.6, even after skipping two doses. Dr. Davis did recommend that I skip the dose until Saturday and then take 3mg instead of my normal 4mg. I still have some 3mg tablets from when I went to 4mg. He also recommended that we aggressively message the swollen area using ice to try and speed up dispersing the swelling. He also made an appointment for me to see an orthopedic surgeon Monday, with hope that the swelling will have gone down and that doctor could aspirate more fluid from the knee. Other than that I'll just have to "suck it up" and get through it.
Back at the coach, I put on the new knee immobilizer. The first one broke and we had to exchange it for a new one. I iced up the knee and slept some, my leg was really jerky and I didn't sleep well or long.
I got on the computer and finished yesterday's Blog. I also called Todd and Curtis about my injury and to update them on our plans. Of course our plans depend on how the knee progresses.
Our plan had been to drive to Spring, TX to visit my cousins in that area and my Aunt and Uncle from Corpus Christi. With my not being able to drive those plans are out. We still hope for enough improvement that we can leave here on Tuesday and go to the park we plan to stay at in Austin. There we will visit our friends Carl and Joyce Wolf. If we can go there Dr. Davis will find us a doctor in that area if I need further treatment. If I need more treatment Austin is close enough to Kyle that we can still visit Curtis and his family. If by that time I don't need treatment we will go to an RV park in Kyle, TX and visit with Curtis. And resume our trip as planned.
Gerri and an old Nacogdoches sign, the population is about 28000 now
While I was hanging out in the coach, Gerri had dinner with Herb and Jo Nell, she brought me a sandwich, cantaloupe and strawberries. After their meal they played a game of dominoes, which Gerri won, she brought me peach cobbler and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment