Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday, October 11, 2012, Austin, TX


Thursday, October 11, 2012, Austin, TX
I had another uncomfortable night. I think it was better than the night before because I don't remember waking up with sharp pains in my leg.
I finally got the information for Sheriff Lamb about Brian DeBecker's son and the trust fund set up to defray the costs of treatment and sent it e-mail to him, followed up by a phone call.
Gerri talked to both Curtis and Dana about our visit. Both Brandon and Vanessa have been ill. Vanessa was taken to the doctor today with a 104 temperature. She was diagnosed with the croup. After talking about the health issue we decided to go on to Spring Branch, TX instead of spending the weekend in Kyle. Both Spring Branch and Bulverde, our next stop, are near enough to Kyle for visits once the health conditions have improved. Dana expressed anticipation of visiting San Antonio. If health improves they may visit us overnight and spend some time there. We still plan to spend a weekend in Kyle before heading back to Las Vegas.
Tortilla Soup at Jim's
We went to a cafe called Jim's for lunch. Excellent chicken fried steaks. I also had a cup of Tortilla soup. Soon reality must set in and we will have to cut down on our eating and lose some weight.
After lunch Carl took us by a Walgreens and Gerri and I got our Flu and Pneumonia shots. Like I have said before the RV life doesn't exclude basic health or other mundane activities.
After lunch and shots we went back to the park. Joyce had to walk a dog and I needed to get my feet up. Later Carl and Joyce came over to play Fan Tan and CRL. They won the most games, taking out laundry money and other change home with them for a change.

Gerri' chicken fried steak at Jim's
With Carl and Joyce at Jim's

 

No comments:

Post a Comment