Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012, Garrison, TX


Monday, October 1, 2012, Garrison, TX
Fog shrouded Mississippi
We got up at and were ready to travel by 9 AM. The only thing I had to do outside was unhook from the power. It wasn't raining but the fog was pretty heavy, but not enough to interfere with driving. We headed west and south. The plan was to stop and visit the Silver Dollar Pawn Shop (Cajun Pawn Stars) in Alexandria, LA. We got there and parked across the street. My leg had stiffened up while driving and I had trouble walking. I took a picture of the outside of the building and we continued toward Herb and Jo Nell's in Garrison, TX.
Silver Dollar Pawn, Cajun Pawn Stars
When we started the coach back up in Alexandria the Navcon 5000 unit didn't work. We had this problem a couple of years ago and the unit reset after the ignition was off. I tried that a couple of times, no luck. This unit is the radio, navigation, information and backup camera. The only thing on the screen was the first warning screen about operating the vehicle and navigation system at the same time. The radio was playing but there was no way to change the station or volume.
Most of the morning I had felt like I was coming down with something so in addition to the Tylenol I was taking for my leg I started taking an antiiotic. By afternoon the spacey feeling had gone away but my right leg was still very stiff and sore when I tried to walk.
We are parked where the marker is
As we got nearer Herb and Jo Nell house, I followed the Gremlin, er Garmin, and turned on FM-1970, they live on FM-1971. The GPS showed the roads intersected. They may but not before a couple of miles of dirt road. I don't mind driving dirt roads, but on this one the tree branches were too low for the coach. We unhooked the Jeep and turned around, and back to US-84 and a few miles on to the correct FM road brought us to Herb and Jo Nell's driveway. When I was unhooking the Jeep and for awhile after arriving at our destination my right knee was stiff and painful to the point it was hard to walk.
We drove a total of 230 miles today in 6 hours.
Herb guided me to our customary parking spot and I got the coach leveled, the slides out and the shore power connected. For some reason my leg got easier to walk on.
I finished yesterday's blog and posted it. I took the MiFi into the house for Gerri to use. After awhile the battery went dead, it seems the charger stopped working.
Jo Nell fixed a great supper. After supper we played a game of Dominoes, Chicken Foot. Of course Herb won. After Dominos we had peach cobbler and ice cream.
Gerri and I had been up early the last two mornings so we retired to the coach to called it a night. I did plug in the MiFi using my phone's charger and after awhile it was charged up enough to get on line, the service was still very slow.  Slow, intermittent service accounts for my being so late in posting.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment