Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday, October 15, 2012, Spring Branch, TX

Monday, October 15, 2012, Spring Branch, TX

It was cloudy this morning but no sign that it might rain.

I had located a Chase Branch in the northern San Antonio area to take care of some business on my mother's estate. I also located a Quest Diagnostics in Bulverde to have my blood draw. I called my doctor's office in Las Vegas and ask that they fax an order to the Quest office in Bulverde. At the bank I was assisted by a very able lady. She found out that the inactive accounts hadn't been sent to the State of Nevada. It turned out that I was joint owner of the accounts and there was no problem with my closing the accounts and getting the cash. Closing the credit card accounts took a little more time. I had planned to pay the balance but the bank clerk advised me to wait until we received a final statement that reflected the waiver of any late fees and a reimbursement for the reward points that had been accumulated. She also gave me the names of a couple of companies that filed recurring charges on the credit card. Thanks to her I notified the companies and gave them my credit card number to use until the accounts can be settled.

Quest was a different matter. After finishing at Chase I called them and they hadn't gotten the order. I went to Walgreen to pick up some items and then to an HEB store to get what I couldn't find at Walgreens. I gassed up the Jeep and went through the self service carwash. The wash did a pretty good job and I finished it off by wiping off the windows with a towel I carry in the Jeep.

Since it was on the way I stopped by the Quest office. They hadn't received the fax. It took a couple of phone calls before I had the order in hand and the blood drawn shortly after that.

After quest I stopped by the Texas 281 RV Park that we had planned to move to because it was closer to our friends in Bulverde and San Antonio. The park wasn't as nice as where we are in Spring Branch. I also stopped and took a look at the Wagon Wheel RV Park on US Highway 281 about five miles south of where we are. It is a nice little park but it was pretty full. We decided to stay where we are for the rest of our time in the area. By the time I got back to the RV Park it was too late to extend our stay. I'll have to take care of that tomorrow.

We made no plans for visiting this evening so today was down day. Resting up and icing down was the order for the day.

Gerri fixed a Chicken casserole for supper.

Since we are staying here longer I called and left a message for my mother's investment broker and gave him this address to send some more of the paperwork to transfer the accounts to my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment