Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, October 19, 2012

Thursday, October 18, 2012. Spring Branch, TX

Thursday, October 18, 2012. Spring Branch, TX

We got up early so I could get down to San Antonio in time for my 9 appointment. As we were having our coffee the sun came up. Unlike many recent days, it looks like today will start with a clear sky, only a few clouds and one con trail in sight.

I left the park for the 25 mile drive to San Antonio at 8am: I got there with 10 minutes to spare. No waiting for the x-ray and then only a short wait for the doctor. After an explanation of why I was there he drained off the fluid on my knee. I'm not sure it feels better but I have high hopes. Like the lst doctor, he told me I had bone rubbing bone and it needs to be fixed.

Before heading back to Spring Branch I stopped and grabbed a nearby geocache, # 3944.

Gerri wanted to do some wash. Ok she didn't want to. Since the water pressure in the park is so low I filled the fresh water tank so the pump will make up the difference. In the early afternoon I put my leg up with ice packs on it.

Later in the afternoon I went out caching. I found twelve. Eleven of the caches were on a road west of US 281 and had been placed by one cacher. The caches had a candy theme, Mars Bar, M&Ms, etc. I worked up an appetite for a Snickers bar but there were no stores along most of the route. The 12th was on US 218 just north of the RV Park. I fueled up the Jeep before returning home. There was this really good salesman of a Cub Scout, in full uniform, at the gas station. I bought Trails End Popcorn from him. Was buying white cheddar popcorn better than buying a Snicker's bar?

Todd called and told me about his new job in Lakewood, CA. He gave his notice at his current job and starts the new job in two weeks. He had done contract work for that school district in the past. He says the job isn't any closer, but because of the route his commute will be shortened by 20 minutes each way and a little more pay.

Supper was leftovers from the chicken and noodle casserole from a few nights ago, even better. As a snack later we had some of the popcorn. So I guess the popcorn was the better choice than a candy bar, at least it was shared with Gerri.

No comments:

Post a Comment