Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tuesday, October 16, 2012, Spring Branch, TX


Tuesday, October 16, 2012, Spring Branch, TX
When we got up and fixed coffee it was overcast, much like yesterday. As I typed this I could hear the rain starting to fall on the roof, from the look of the sky, I don't think it's going to be a serious rain. Maybe enough to mess up yesterday's car wash. I believe this is one of those days that the phrase, "Into every life, a little rain must fall," is literal.
When I checked John and Montyne's status, at http://tinyurl.com/9my2aqf and http://www.sailblogs.com/member/seasilk-mx/ I found they are riding out Hurricane Paul at anchor in Magdalena Bay, near a Mexican Naval base. Looking at a weather map the worst of the storm is predicted to pass them on the west and continue north and west. They are experiencing winds of @25 mph. Theirs is a great adventure compared to our trek through Texas. I remember years ago we took a raft trip down the Colorado River. I returned to work with pictures and exciting stories. A co-worker then told of his life threatening kayak trip down the Snake River. It made our raft trip sound like a bus ride. Not everyone's sense of adventure is the same.
With Paul Conner in his computer room
Since we had decided to stay at this park until we move to Kyle on the 25th, I went to the office and paid for the additional week.
I drove to the HEB about 6 miles away to pick up some items we needed. I did two caches along the way.
Since my right knee is still swollen and painful, I made an appointment with an orthopedic doctor that has treated Paul. The appointment is for Thursday morning at 9 AM, considering it's a 25 mile drive during rush hour, I will have to get up a lot earlier than usual.
Canyon Lake from Paul and Ann's backyard.
At 5:20 we drove to Paul and Ann's. Paul showed me his Logitech video camera system. He has a camera that shows his driveway and another that shows the dining room and part of the living room. In his house any intruder would have to pass through the monitored zones. We had grilled filet for dinner with baked potato, corn on the cob and salad. Dinner was followed by ice cream and cake.
After diner we watched the debate, I don't know how I tolerated the liar in chief, imposter president for so long without losing my supper. After the debate we didn't tune into the spin programs, instead opting for a game of dominoes. We only played down to the fours. Paul has an early golf game and he came out the winner.

 


 


"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment