Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday, October 7, 2012, Garrison, TX

Sunday, October 7, 2012, Garrison, TX

We slept in this morning. Herb and Jo Nell went to church. I had my coffee and caught up on my e-mail, then tuned in to Bible Study from Oakey. Later we tuned in to the worship service. We had a few connection problems early on but they cleared up.

By the time our worship service was over Herb and Jo Nell had come home. We then went in to their house. This was the first time I had been out of the motor home since seeing the doctor Thursday. They had eaten lunch so Gerri and I had a cheese and cracker snack and we all played dominoes until supper time. Gerri managed to do three loads of wash during the time we were playing dominoes and eating dinner.

We had leftover beans and cornbread followed by ice cream and strawberries over a Krispy Kreme donut. It was Gerri's suggestion for the donuts to get eaten up...not bad at all.

After dinner we finished a game we had started before eating. Gerri and I managed to lose them all.

After our last game we came back to the motor home and I tried to tune into church services but couldn't get a connection to hold more than a few minutes. Herb came over to the motor home and collected our trash as tomorrow is their trash pick-up day.

It was cool last night and never warmed up very much today. We ran the heater last night during supper and Herb's furnace came on at least once this afternoon.

Brandon called us tonight, he is feeling better and thanked us for the new bike he received for his birthday. We went in with his parents on the cost. He was able to go out today and ride it

My leg is still swollen and stiff, painful when I move certain ways, and there is a lot of black and blue. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon. I hope the swelling has cleared up to get a MRI done. I also hope it's well enough to drive to Austin on Tuesday to get this trip back on track.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment