Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Friday, October 19, 2012, Spring Branch, TX


Friday, October 19, 2012, Spring Branch, TX
A typical day for the Barker's on the road. Sleep late and then sit around with coffee and catch up on e-mail and Facebook.
My knee seems to be swollen as much as it was yesterday when I had it drained. I called the doctor in San Antonio and made an appointment for next Thursday to have it checked and possibly drained again before we leave the area. I also called Dr. Randal Yee, an Orthopedic Surgeon in Las Vegas, and made an appointment to have it evaluated when we return the first week of November.
Eastwooding along TX-311
By mid-afternoon I was ready to go geocaching. Yesterday I did a series that were all named after some type of candy. Today I went south to another cache in that series. I didn't find it. I checked and the next closest in the series was 6 miles away. So I opted to start a series along TX-311. This series is "milestone Miles" the caches are about a quarter mile apart and each commemorates a milestone for a local cacher. There are 30 caches in the series along this highway, I have found 14 and looked for two more without success. I hope to complete the series next week. For some cachers this would be a power trail, but for a lone cacher I have to do the driving, parking, searching, signing and returning by myself. It is much more time consuming than for a team of 3 or 4 cachers. I got home about 6:30 and logged the finds and fails.


We went to dinner at a restaurant just north of us on Highway 281, Sandra's. It is a Mexican restaurant with both indoor and outdoor dining, we chose indoor. The food was good.

Back at the coach, it was some TV and computer time before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the best orthopedic surgeons in the world are only a few miles away from you in Houston.

    ReplyDelete