Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Monday, October 29, 2012, Ozona, TX


Monday, October 29, 2012, Ozona, TX
Before leaving Pecan Park, I did a nearby cache and visited with the American Coach Association member that made me aware of the park.
We pulled out at about 11:00 AM. I should have checked the map and chosen a route other than the Interstate. It would have been shorter and more pleasant than traveling all the way to San Antonio to pick up I-10. Our route was I-35 south to Anderson Loop, FM 1604, to I-10 west. Gerri looked up a couple of RV Parks in Ozona, TX. Both were low rated on RV Park Reviews. Both were full. We called the office at the Economy Inn and RV Park and they agreed to let us park without hook ups for $10.00. This is the first night on this trip that we stopped without at least power. We will find out how long the batteries will carry us tonight. Today we traveled 269 miles.
Before we left San Marcos one of the cabinet hinges under the sink came loose. Gerri seemed to think she had picked up a screw some time earlier. Closer examination of the hinge showed that there was a broken part. I removed the door to avoid strain on the remaining hinge until I can find a replacement.
When we played Sorry while visiting Sean we only had the rules in Spanish. Curtis sent us a copy of the rules and it turns out there were several points we were playing wrong.
We watched a little TV and checked up on internet stuff and went to bed earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment