Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Saturday, October 6, 2012, Garrison, TX


Saturday, October 6, 2012, Garrison, TX
I didn't have a lot of pain last night. I don't know if that is because of the meds or my leg is healing. I have a lot of bruises starting to show. Even though I didn't have much pain during the night, when I try to bend my leg it's a different story. I have been using a walker that Herb used when he had his knee replacement. Getting around using the walker is much easier than with the cane. I can put some weight on my right leg when walking with the walker. I am continuing to massage using ice, sometimes the messaging hurts a little.

Some of you may know that we aren't the only ones off on travels. Gerri's sister, Montyne, her husband and another couple are on a sailing trip around the coast of Baja California. Their travels can be followed at these websites: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0A0nXMZWPiUWe9mpylEDRQIYhKqy80UPg and http://www.sailblogs.com/member/seasilk-mx


Jo Nell sent over a movie for me to watch, War Horse.  I couldn't get either of our DVR's to read the disk and ended up watching it on my computer.  Something else I have forgotten how to do or that needs fixed.


Frank, Herb and Jo Nell
We had Herb and Jo Nell over for supper. Gerri fixed a bean soup and Jo Nell brought over corn bread.  Jo Nell joked that this was the first time they had ever eaten at our house.  Of course our house isn't normally parked 20 yards from their front door.
After supper we played dominoes. Herb and Jo Nell won one each.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment