Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Saturday, October 27, 2012, San Marcos, TX


Saturday, October 27, 2012, San Marcos, TX
I set the alarm for 7 AM to get up in time to go to Brandon's Tee Ball game. Of course being a retiree I am clock impaired. I woke up at 7:30 and the alarm went off at 8 AM. I still had time to fix coffee and drink some before driving to the game in Buda. It was cold and windy, I mean COLD. There was no dilly dallying and the game was over in a little less than an hour.
Brandon had white bread and brisket
Vanessa had crackers and brisket


bread, ribs, brisket and links, we had it all

Lone Star Campus
Vanessa and Gerri didn't go to the game. I came back to the coach and at noon we met Curt, Dana, and Brandon at Smitty's Market a BBQ restaurant in Lockhart, TX, about 12 miles from either the RV Park or Curtis' house in Kyle. Smitty's sell the BBQ by the pound in the cooking area and then you have to enter a restaurant area to purchase sides and drinks and then eat at long tables on folding chairs. The meat is served on butcher paper with only a plastic knife. Of course plenty of napkins are available. Both Brandon and Vanessa ate brisket, bread and crackers. We bought a lot more ribs and brisket than we could eat so leftovers went home.
Sean and his candy with Grandpa
We parted company and Gerri and I went to South Austin to visit with Sean. We took him some of his favorite candies. We visited for an hour. During our visit we played a game of Sorry. If you read my previous blogs about games with grand kids, you don't need three guesses to know who won. It was Sean! The facility where Sean is located is 15 miles from Curt's house and not far from where he works.
After we returned to Curtis' house I played some more games with Brandon. I should just say I lost some games to Brandon.
Dana fixed breaded pork chops for supper. We ate some even though we had a big lunch.
Sean wins at Sorry
Brandon came back to the RV Park with us to spend the night. We played a couple of games of Memory Match, I did better but Brandon still won. We switched to War and I finally won a game.

Brandon went to bed at about 9:30 and I was about an hour behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment