Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wednesday, September 5, 2012, South Fork, CO




Wednesday, September 5, 2012, South Fork, CO
The Wild Rose Band
This morning I made a few phone calls to take care of business regarding my mother. I also made some alternate itineraries for when we leave Fun Valley. The plans include visits with cousins in the Dallas/Fort Worth area before heading for Mississippi.
Fun Valley Derby
I started to walk down to the office to see if our new credit cards had arrived from Chase. On the way I spoke to some neighbors and ran into Alan. We visited until time for lunch. Alan went to his coach for lunch and I headed for the office to check on the UPS delivery. It hadn't come yet. I called Gerri to see if she wanted me to pickup hamburgers and fries for lunch and bring them home. She thought that was good idea. The burgers from the snack bar of Fun Valley were delicious and filling.

After lunch I went out to try to find a few caches. The first one was on the top of a hill overlooking South Fork. What a view, of course I didn't take a camera with me. The next one I found was near the gravesite and homestead of an early Colorado pioneer. The next one stumped me. I really don't like driving 10 miles of dirt roads and ending up empty handed. My next find was of a cache that I didn't find last year when we were here. The last cache I went to was very interesting. There was about 9 miles of dirt road but the cache was near a spectacular geological feature.
After the cache at the Natural Arch I headed back to Del Monte for gas and then back to Fun Valley.
While I was gone Gerri went to the 2nd day of the annual food contests. Today's entries were pecan pies. While the judging was taking place the Wild Rose Band played and followed again with the horse races. She walked to the big barn and back and that was her exercise on her foot for the day.
Fun Valley Birds
After watching a Judge Judy show Gerri revealed her revisions of my earlier itineraries. We settled on leaving Fun Valley this Saturday and visiting relatives in Fort Worth. Then moving on to have repairs done in McKinney, and then visiting our friends from Lake Havasu in Melissa and after that on to Mississippi.

Since we had a large lunch we had cheese and crackers for supper. Ok, in addition to the cheese and crackers I ate Gerri's left over Huevos Rancheros from our at Tequila's lunch in Pagosa Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment