Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tuesday, September 4, 2012, South Fork, CO


We have attracted a few birds
Tuesday, September 4, 2012, South Fork, CO
Alan came by this morning and asked if I wanted to ride to Monte Vista to pick up his laundry. I needed to get a birthday card and some envelopes. I know I had some in the coach but couldn't find them. I did my shopping at a dollar store and after Alan picked up his laundry we headed back to Fun Valley.
On the way back we stopped in Del Norte and found a cache that I couldn't find last year.
In the afternoon we went to the Big Barn for the judging of a bean cook off. Today beans, tomorrow pecan pie and Thursday a chili cook off. We stayed for the Fun Valley Derby horse races.
We met Alan at the park's restaurant and had chicken fried steak for supper.
Shortly after we got back to the coach a rain squall came through with enough wind to bring the main awning in. It didn't last long but cooled things off quite a bit.

Nearby Big Meadows Reservoir 
BTW, when I put the new envelopes away I found the old ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment