Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday, September 8, 2012, Dalhart, TX

Saturday, September 8, 2012, Dalhart, TX

I set the alarm for 7 AM; Gerri thought I had said it was going to be set for 8. It was cool this morning so I turned on the furnace and set it on 70° for the front and rear zones. The sky was clear with only a few fluffy clouds.

I had hooked up the Jeep last night. This morning all I had to do was put in the awnings, roll up the patio rug and unhook the utilities. Alan came by and we visited while I put things away. Since I didn't have critical things to do we had a good visit while I did my chores. As usual Gerri got the inside of the coach ready to travel. This morning, it seemed like Gerri had more to do than I did. Every time we have gotten ready to travel on this trip I have had an alert that the far left rear tire was low on air pressure. It had always come up to normal when we had driven a few miles. I didn't bother with it this morning. We had settled up our bill with Fun Valley last night after dinner. They let us charge everything bought on site to our site number, real convenient but it makes the campsite bill seem higher. It is real nice not to have to leave the park for meals or entertainment.

We said our goodbyes and pulled out of Fun Valley at 8:45 AM. The air pressure on the tires hadn't come up by the time we got to Del Norte, about 21 miles. I stopped and aired up the two tires that had low readings.

By the time we got to Monte Vista it had clouded up and we ran into rain until we got past Alamosa. At Walsenburg we picked up I-25 which runs concurrent with US-160. A few miles on I-25 and we turned south east on US-87. The parts of Colorado New Mexico and Texas we drove through were as lonely as the Nevada section of US-50.

We arrived in Dalhart at about 4:30. The GPS showed the address of the park about ½ mile west of its real location. We were parked by a little after 5 PM MDT. The park isn't anything fancy but has large level gravel spaces with some shade trees that didn't interfere with DirecTV reception.

Internet reception at Corral RV Park is way better than at Fun Valley. I was able to catch up on my Where's George bills entered. I checked for geocaches and the closest was two miles away, I decided not to unhook the Jeep to go to a couple of caches.

For supper Gerri fixed a tamale casserole. It was very tasty and filling.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you made it to Dalhart safely. I have stayed at the Coral RV park before and while it is not fancy it is a pretty nice place to rest up. I hope the rest of your trip goes well.

    ReplyDelete