Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Friday, September 14, 2012, Melissa, TX

Friday, September 14, 2012, Melissa, TX

We woke up to another gray day. Well I woke up. Gerri got out of bed at 4:30 and went to the couch because she couldn't sleep. I don't know if she was asleep when I got up or not. I fixed coffee and checked my e-mail.

I made another phone call to my doctor and left a message to send a lab request to Quest Diagnostics in McKinney for my INR. I didn't get a call back so later in the afternoon I called Quest and they had received the fax. I made a quick 16 mile round trip to McKinney. I don't think I had ever been in a Quest office with no one else waiting, I was in and out.

I got back to the coach with time to spare before joining Alice and Keith for dinner at 5. It was much cooler tonight so I had to go back to our coach, put on a long sleeve shirt and get a light jacket for Gerri. Most of the evening the rain fell in a light mist but nothing amounting to rain drops. From the looks of the cracks in the ground, they can use a lot more rain around here. We had a good time talking while dinner was being prepared. We had grilled steaks, squash au gratin and a Quinoa (say KEEN-WA) salad. We also had an onion salad. Alice sliced the onions thick and grilled them with a lemon sauce, very tasty.

Back at the coach we did some computer time and I watched a couple of old Gunsmoke episodes before bed.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

0

No comments:

Post a Comment