Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thursday, September 6, 2012, South Fork, CO


One of the fishing ponds
Thursday, September 6, 2012, South Fork, CO
I worked on our travel plans through Oct. 1 for quite awhile this morning. I think I finally have it.
Fun Valley Derby
Later I walked over to the office to mail a birthday card and a credit union deposit. I stopped by Alan's coach and we visited for awhile. 
 Alan walked over to the office and then with me back to our coach and visited until it was time to go to the Big Barn for the chili cook off judging. The Wild Rose Band played during the judging. After the judging the line was opened to let spectators taste the entrants. There were twelve entrants. I tasted them all so I had a pretty good snack. I liked them all but the one that had chocolate in it. Gerri agreed that it was baaaad!

The next activity was the Fun Valley Derby. In the second race I bought a horse. Gerri sat in the owner's seat and I was the Jockey. Each race had six horses which moved across a grid according to the numbers thrown on three dice. If the horse's number comes up on one of the dice, the horse moves one space. Two spaces if the horse's number came up on two dice, etc. My horse won the second race. As owner I got $18 and the odds on my horse were 10 to 1, so I won there too.
The restaurant and creek that joins the ponds 
After returning to the coach I cleaned up the Jeep. It was pretty dusty from the dirt road I drove on while geocaching. I wiped off the coach with the duster. If I get real ambitious tomorrow I may wash it. It hasn't been washed since we went to Oceanside in July. I have the excuse that it has looked like or been raining. The white streaks are getting bigger. I may have to break down and clean the whole thing soon.
For supper we had the last of the Sole Almond plus a salad with whole grain Quinoa.
After supper Gerri watched Obama's speech to the DNC. I'll have to shovel out the inside of the motorhome before I can get to the bedroom.

 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment