Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday, September 25, 2012, Columbus, MS


Tuesday, September 25, 2012, Columbus, MS
Classmates
Ah, back to normal, sleeping late. I fixed the coffee and checked my e-mail. Gerri got up a little before me and hit her computer. Today she is meeting some classmates for lunch at Applebee's. She will post pictures on her Facebook site. I cleaned up the Jeep as well as could on the inside last night. This morning I cleaned up the outside.
Gerri left at about 11am. I checked for nearby caches and found three in the park. I saw that the most recent finds on the three were: May, February and October of last year. In spite of my misgiving of hunting caches that haven't been found for so long, especially in a heavily used area, I walked out to try to find them. I should have stayed at the coach, all I got was sweaty.
Gerri got back before I did. I had forgotten to leave a note that I was going out and my cell phone wasn't with me. A no, no and I know it. I looked for it back at the coach and finally called the number. It was down between my chair arm and the cushion.
View from our site
Gerri got a Facebook message from a couple we met in Wisconsin last year, David and Iva Starke. They were the hosts of the Spartan Chassis Club Rally in Door County, really great folks to be around. They are in Little Rock until Monday, before heading to Panama City, FL. The route there puts them within 50 miles of Columbus. I called David and we talked for quite awhile. We both had made commitments to be in places that took us west and them east. I guess we won't see them this year.
Before it got dark I went out and cleaned the front of the coach. As it got dark, I killed a driller that landed on my arm. I gave it up and went inside.

John and Montyne are planning to go with some other folks on an eight month sailing trip from San Diego, CA to La Paz, BCS, MX. I have been designated as one of the people who get satellite up dates of their progress from a SPOT Communicator. https://www.findmespot.com/en/. I have a SPOT locator that works with my GPS unit, I carry it when I go caching. John and Montyne's plans reminded me I can send notifications to selected people from my GPS. It had been sometime since I had set up my SPOT account and many e-mail addresses are out of date. I tried unsuccessfully to change my groups and the incorrect addresses. My computer wouldn't recognize the GPS. There was a plug in to download, which I did. There was still no communication between the devices. I sent an E-mail to SPOT and they sent me a solution that worked. I have added some of you to a group that will get updates when we change locations. If you want on that list send me an e-mail, same if you don't want to be on the list. BTW, we won't be moving again until the 1st of October, so notifications will not be sent until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment