Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday, September 22, 2012, Melissa, TX


Saturday, September 22, 2012, Melissa, TX
Our last day here in Melissa, we head for Mississippi in the morning.
German Baked Pancake
We went for breakfast at Keith and Alice's. They fixed bacon and baked pancakes. The baked pancakes were served with lemon juice and powdered sugar. It was a very interesting preparation with delicious results.
We know it's not Monday, but today is wash day. We loaded up all the cloths and I took Gerri to the park Laundromat. Only one washer was in use so we had no wait to get started.
While Gerri did the wash, I headed for Sam's Club in McKinney to buy a new printer. I tried twice more to install the old one. It did something different every time. The old printer also started not turning off when the power button was pushed. With my new printer in the back of the Jeep, I managed to find three caches and gas up before Gerri called that she was finished washing.
The mail came from home this morning and I face the task of going through it. Included were the original copies of my mother's death certificate. That is a whole other set of tasks I have to start; closing her accounts, notifying the necessary people of her death, removing her name as a trusty of her trust and transferring property from her name to the other joint owners. I'm sure time will reveal more tasks to accomplish.
We talked to Brandon and Vanessa on Skype. It will be 20 days before we see them.
The installation of the new printer on my and Gerri's computer took quite a bit of time but it went smoothly. With this printer I can also send and receive faxes using our home phone. That should come in handy dealing with papers that have to be sent back and forth with companies that can't or won't do the same thing with PDF documents.
Sometime in the afternoon I realized I didn't have my pocket knife. The last time I used it was at a cache in McKinney. I looked all around in the Jeep, no luck. I drove back to McKinney but didn't find the knife. I got back to the coach and sat in my chair and the knife fell out of the chair. I was relieved. The knife is a Berretta and was given to me by a Beretta company rep in 1992.
I got most of the outside preparation done for moving. All I have to do outside in the morning is unhook from park power and roll up the awnings. I already hooked up the Jeep for towing. Of course before moving the coach I will walk around checking everything at least three times. Gerri does most of the inside preparations, putting tables away, getting carpets out of the way, bringing in the slides and raising the jacks. After the jacks are up, I do at least one more walk around to see that they are stowed properly and that there are no strange noises coming from the coach after it is running. I check for visible or audible leaks, the fluid levels and visually check the tires and under the coach. In the past I have made some bonehead mistakes that fortunately didn't cause us a lot of problems, so I try to be through in making sure all systems are go.
The Kerslake's got back too late and too tired from their visit with kids and grandkids to say our goodbyes tonight. So that will keep until morning.
Like I said today was wash day and our sheets were part of the wash. I helped Gerri make the bed. While Gerri was changing into her pajamas she had a real scare. She noticed the diamond was missing from her wedding ring. After a little time on the floor with a flashlight I spotted the diamond by the bed. Apparently it fell out while we were making the bed. It sure put my thinking I had lost my knife seem like the a trifle it was. The diamond and the ring are now in the safe to make sure of its location until we can get it reset.
The day ended well with some TV and computer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment