Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday, September 15, 2012, Melissa, TX

Saturday, September 15, 2012, Melissa, TX

Today started with another overcast sky. After doing the necessary e-chores, I decided to set up the printer to work off my computer. The hard drive was replaced since I had used the printer so it was like a new installation. Can you spell frustrating? I got the printer to work while attached with a USB cord, but not wirelessly. I dug up the manual for the printer and started over again by uninstalling the printer and software. I started over again following the instructions and of course I succeeded in getting the printer to work over the network. It's amazing how things usually work better if I read the instructions. What I explained here in a few lines consumed the morning and part of the afternoon.

I had renewed our car insurance last week and they sent me proof of insurance cards to print out because we won't be home in time to get them in the mail. After getting the printer working I printed up a card for the Jeep and noticed that it didn't have the new dates on it. So it was back on the phone enduring the audio response thing until a choice came up for speak to an operator. After I got a human it only took a few seconds to get the new cards sent to me by e-mail. The customer service rep even stayed on the line until I got the e-mail and made sure the dates were correct.

A little before three o'clock, I went out to grab a couple of geocaches. I did find a couple of the closest ones, but there were two others I never found. I have agreed with Gerri to stay out of the woods and be careful of mosquitoes. One cache wasn't only in the woods; there was poison ivy along the edge of the woods. A quick retreat was in order. The other was hidden on a tank in front of a VFW hall. There are a lot of places to hide a small cache on a Sherman Tank and I never found the right spot.

Gerri fixed a salad and we went to the Kerslake's place for supper. Alice fixed a French stew with pork, sausage and beans with garlic bread on top. Their grandson is visiting, and he lives in Allen, a nearby town. His name is Dakota, a well spoken polite young man.

We returned to our coach at 9pm and watched TV and did computer stuff until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment