Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wednesday, September 26, 2012, Columbus, MS


Wednesday, September 26, 2012, Columbus, MS
The old High School Stadium
Part of Lee High School
After having our coffee and checking e-mail, I got really ambitious. Last night I cleaned the windshield and front of the coach, today I cleaned the rest. Well, OK, I didn't clean the roof. I try not to go up there very often. Too high, too narrow and I'm too shaky on my feet. While it was cool I did the passenger side which was in the shade. By the time the driver's side was in the shade it was getting warmer. Some of the streaks coming off the roof were tougher than the "The Solution." A few months ago someone on the American Coach e-mail list recommended a cleaning towel made by Pilkington for removing black streaks, excess paint or caulking. It worked fine and then I cleaned off the residue with the solution.
Late in the afternoon we went into town and looked up some places from Gerri's teen years there. We went to one of her classmates boutique and then to the river walk. I did one cache while Gerri was in the boutique visiting her friend. We drove down to the River Walk, while Gerri checked it out I did another cache and walked across the old bridge to try another one, but the battery went dead on her phone that I was using as a GPS. I gave up and went back to the parking lot to meet Gerri.
Anyone in the market to buy their own high school?
The Tombigbee River
We drove up town and found a Post Office and mailed a birthday card to Brandon. We looked around town for awhile longer and then went back to the RV Park. Like many places, Columbus has changed since Gerri graduated from Lee High in 1965.
Back at Dewayne Hayes we watched TV for awhile and then had supper. Supper was left over from last night which I had forgotten to talk about yesterday. Gerri cooked up an assortment of vegetables and spaghetti in to a pasta primavera that was excellent last night and even better tonight.
I also forgot to write that last night we had no neighbors on either side. When we got here there was no one closer than four sites away. Tonight there isn't a RV in sight. The way this park is set up sites 1-14 and sites 94 - 100 have sewer hookups. Most of the RVs here are in those sites. That leaves a lot of room for us in site 32. I hadn't thought about not having sewer so we didn't arrive with empty holding tanks. We got here on Monday and will be here until next Monday morning. So far we are doing very well in conserving; we have less than half a tank in both holding tanks. If we have to move to go dump the sewers we will move to another site along the river. Right now we are backed up to a slough, scenic but not the river.
After dinner we watched the devotional and invitation from Oakey Blvd. Church of Christ. Jorden Greene did a great job delivering a meaningful message.
Last night Gerri had recorded the debut episode of Vegas on CBS. This is a new series based on our Sheriff Ralph Lamb's early career. Entertaining but very loosely based on fact. Gerri made me be quiet on the points I started to criticize the unrealistic parts or those that were way off the true conditions in the early 60's, uniforms, procedures, etc.
After watching Vegas, Gerri went to the bedroom to get a new position for lounging and playing on her computer.


Bryn Bella 1850

Our closest neighbor 

I hit the bed at about 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment