Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 7, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 65

I started the day by dusting off the Jeep and then cleaning the front of the coach. I hadn’t cleaned the part above the windshield since we were in Coeur d’Alene. I would like to think that is a ¼ done because there are four sides. The truth is that the front and back are less than half of one of the sides and they are easier to get to, no slides to duck under.

I called Glenna to remind her that bowling was scheduled at 10:30. When I got there during the lunch hour she told me she went to the rehab area but there was no one there for bowling. I don’t know if it is in a different place or just cancelled. I stayed until about 1:45 and gave Glenna directions to the area where a movie was scheduled. I did check on location and made sure it would really be shown.

I did three more caches on the way back to the park.

When we went to visit Glenna after her supper I asked about the movie. All she remembered was that Mel Gibson was in it. I printed out cousin Lael’s report on Curtis Ford’s knee operation. Curtis is Glenna’s brother-in-law, married to her youngest sister, Gloria. They live in Corpus Christi, TX.

We went back to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Fiesta en Jalisco for our supper. We got back to the RV Park about 9, the sun had almost set. The sun was very red but no clouds were around it. The days are getting noticeably shorter. I checked the GPSR and decided to do another cache before it got dark. Gerri had to get on her scavenger hunt. The route to this cache took me a little way north on I-15 and I saw the sun going down below the horizon. It was even a brighter red then. I bagged the cache and tried another one, but I don’t do well hunting at night. Well ok, sometimes I don’t hunt well in the day light either.
This is a view from a hill on the west end of Geat Falls.  I din't have my camera, only my cell phone.  The bright spot near the center is the Ferris Wheel at the Montna State Fair.


After church tomorrow we plan to go to the Montana State Fair, it’s the last day of the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment