Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 2, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 60

Because I was up so late and with nothing planned for the morning we slept in. About 11:00 a park employee came by and told me our new space was ready. Dead branches trimmed and the previous occupant’s propane tank moved.

I started unhooking and Gerri got the inside ready to move. By 12:30 we were set up in the new space, 139. The space has an asphalt drive and is fairly level, no big stretch to reach the door. There are still too many trees to get satellite TV so we have park cable. We are also in range of the park’s WiFi system. We are also backed into the trees so I can’t put up the large flag pole.

I went to a lumber yard on River Road North to check on a painted buffalo calf they had sponsored. I got the same blank stares as I had at other places and they didn’t know they had sponsored one, let alone where it is now. I then walked over to a cache long the river trail and down the trail for another one that I didn’t find..

I went to see Glenna at about 6 and she was asleep, this may explain her not sleeping much at night. I sat there, she didn’t wake up until the nurse came with her medicine. She wouldn’t believe I had been there for 40 minutes. Jeannette had called earlier; they were on the way home from a running camp at Shasta Lake. I called Todd and Glenna spoke to both Todd and Jeannette for awhile. I stayed with her until 8. She complained she wasn’t feeling good. But typical Glenna she couldn’t describe it more than that. She didn’t seem to have a fever. On the way out I asked the nurse to check on her and found out she had been given a pain pill earlier, which could explain her not feeling well.

Tomorrow we plan to drive to Helena for some sightseeing.

1 comment:

  1. I sure do hope your new site is a lot better than the one you had. I also hope you can get out of Great Falls before the weather turns cold. Nothing against Great Falls but it sure does get cold there in the winter.

    ReplyDelete