Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, August 6, 2010

August 5, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 63

I thought I had talked to Gerri about going to Fort Benton today. Apparently I hadn’t. I did go and find the cache that the owner had sent me pictures. I can’t believe it was there as other times I had looked for it.

We did go to Fort Benton. It was only about 40 miles. We stopped at a scenic overlook of the Missouri River before getting to the town.

We looked at several historic markers and buildings and had lunch before heading back to Great Falls. The actual fort is undergoing restoration so we didn’t see inside.


 
I found one cache and missed two others.


We got back to Great Falls at about 4:15. I went to see Glenna at about 5:30. She was finishing her supper. We visited for awhile but when we went back to her room she kept dozing off. I decided to do a few caches before going back to the RV. I did five before it got dark

No comments:

Post a Comment