Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 28, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’
Day 86

It was cool during the night and very conducive to sleeping in, which we did. A little afternoon Gerri said she was going to Sam’s another day. So, I went caching to the northwest.

The first cache was hard to find and I had to use two band aids to stop the bleeding from being poked by bushes.

The hunt took me along streams and through fields, some harvested and some not. The last cache was at railroad trestle, billed as one of the longest in Montana.

I started home after the trestle and the way took me through a ghost town, named Collins. Only a couple of buildings are occupied. The others were in interesting states of disrepair. The light was fading so I hope the pictures show what I saw.

Collins Trestle

I got back to the RV Park just before dark and barely had time to eat before Sean called. We played World of Warcraft for a couple of hours before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment